Growing food for our family and yours!
Feed your family a fresh local food every week
for the entire harvest!
See actual photos of last year's baskets on our
Swore Farms CSA Facebook Page for current pictures-
or see our blog: http://sworefarms.blogspot.com
You have the opportunity to buy “shares” and become members of Swore Farms CSA. Each member receives a box of fresh produce every week during the harvest season (20 weeks). Member have the option of splitting shares with friends.
What will be in my box?
We are planting specifically for your boxes. Early in the year there will be more greens and early crops like peas, and as the season progresses, more variety will be added as it ripens. Our goal is to give you the widest variety of fresh goodies possible.
A partial list of what we are planting:
Peas (regular, sugar snap & snow)
Onions (green, sweet, red, yellow & white)
Cucumbers (pickling, slicing, & palace king)
Carrots (regular & multi colors)
Tomatoes (Heirloom, Roma, Cherry, Pear, slicers)
Winter squash (Acorn, Butternut, Buttercup, Hubbard, etc)
Zucchini (green and yellow)
Pumpkins (every shape and size)
* EGGS! we have 225 hens and rotate through the CSA member so everyone gets eggs during the season. Our hens are free range-ish. As in, we have a large yard that they have continuous access to, but it is fenced to keep them safe from all the dogs here on the reservation. They have a varied diet of produce, grasses, and other goodies.
* Honey - depending on the yield, we may have honey to share from our hives.
* Yummy Recipes --especially for unusual produce.
* Discounts for bulk purchases (for canning corn, tomatoes, and other produce)
* Fresh ground whole wheat flour.
* Three pounds of U-pick raspberries (we’ll let our CSA members know FIRST when the raspberries are in season so you get first dibs on the raspberry patch)
* U-pick Corn stalks for Fall decorating.
* An exclusive invitation to our Spring Farm Field Trip! Tour the farm and see where your food is growing. We would love to meet you and your family and show you how our family farm runs. We'll have goodies!
*An exclusive family pass to our Member Only Fall Festival which will include wagon rides, goodies, corn maze passes, face painting, games and more (we plan to make this an awesome experience for your family).
Some years we have strawberries, apples, plumbs and other goodies for our members, but it depends on the year. We cannot control the availability of fruit. So cross your fingers and maybe we'll get lucky again!
How does Swore Farms grow my food?- We are a minimalist farm. Many of our crops are grown organically and our main fertilizer is an organic solution made from fish poo and worm castings. We eat the same food you do, so we want it as safe and healthy as possible. We rotate crops to help reduce pests and weeds and rely heavily on good old hard work to hoe out the rows.
What is the risk?
As a CSA member, you assume part of the risk that we as farmers face every year. For instance, it is possible that one or more of the crops we plant might have crop failure due to something outside of our control (Frost, hailstorm, plagues of locust, brimstone…) If a meteor or bug takes out a crop, then we will not include that crop in your boxes. However, if the harvest is lean but still there, we will fill all our CSA boxes FIRST before we take anything to market. Our CSA members will be our highest priority.
When and where do I pick up my box?
We are working on specifics, but most likely this will be Tuesdays 4:30-6:30 at the farm garage where we always sell sweet corn in August-September. **Anyone showing up early will be drafted and put to work as a volunteer.**
What if I can’t pick up my box?
You need to make arrangements (either with a friend to pick up, or with us 24 hours in advance) prior to pick up time. IF you contact us and request it, we can hold your box for you for a maximum of 24 hours, but we may not have space to refrigerate it. On time pickups are always best! *All boxes not picked up within the allotted time will be donated to local needy families unless prior arrangements have been made.
Why pay now instead of weekly?-- As a farm, we pay all planting costs up front in the spring every year. As CSA members, we PLANT for YOU! In this way, you pay for your own food to be planted, watered, weeded, and harvested. Anytime you want to see how your food is growing, call Wendy and stop on by. We’d love to show you around.
How much does it cost?
We have a limited number of Shares available and have created several options for you. (paypal, credit card, EBT, cash, check...)